Getting started

Guide Frontpage; or "What the Hell is Theory of Knowledge?"

Welcome, reader. This is the Hitchhiker’s Guide to Theory of Knowledge, since it is being written for my Theory of Knowledge (TOK) class, ...

2017/01/22

Seventh lesson; or "Religion 'n' Prince Ali"



Welcome to next lesson. I bet you had faith I would deliver, and you were right.
Topic - faith.

Now, I’m an atheist. And I tried, truly tried, to see how faith on its own can be a way of knowing. And tried. And tried. And failed.

Until I realized this isn’t about faith on its own. This is about faith in symbiosis with other ways of knowing. Regardless of its usefulness, I made another mistake: faith isn’t the same as belief.

Belief would be the system of church and religion, an organization, while faith is simply trusting that something will happen. One can have faith that his friend will take something where he should.

And a superstition is a belief not based on any organized religious foundations, only different from religion since nobody made a Church of the Lucky Red Thread (or coin, or elephant, or black cat…).



Or  seventy-five golden camels
Purple peacocks he's got fifty-three!
 




That’s it for this time. Next up: last post for this semester!
And remember the towel ;)

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyLjbMBpGDA

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар